Tenth Street Theatre
Tenth Street Theatre
Welcome to the Tenth Street Theatre, home to In Tandem Theatre.
Our spacious 99-seat theatre has comfortable seating, air-conditioning, a large lobby with a bar, fireplace and piano, multiple restrooms, and is fully accessible. Theatre seating is unassigned - please let us know at the time of your reservation if we can accomodate a wheelchair or reserve special seating due to a medical condition.
Conveniently located in downtown Milwaukee near Marquette University and across the street from the Wisconsin Club, the Tenth Street Theatre resides in the lower level of the “big red church” (Calvary Church) on the corner of 10th and Wisconsin. We are easy to get to from the freeway and by surface streets.
In Tandem Theatre’s entrance is on 10th Street between Michigan Street and Wisconsin Avenue (note: 10th Street is one way, heading north).
- Street parking (metered until 6pm Mon-Fri; non-metered 2-hour limit on Sat; non-metered Sun) on 10th and 8th both north and south of Wisconsin Avenue, 9th Street north of Wisconsin Avenue, and on Michigan Street.
- In Tandem and Interstate Parking have teamed up to offer SPECIAL REDUCED RATES in two self-pay off-street public lots located two blocks from our door: the Library Lot (southwest corner of 8th & Wisconsin, access on 8th St.) and the Wells Fargo lot (northeast corner of 8th & Michigan, access on 8th or Michigan). To view or download the rates and instructions, please click here: PARKING LOT INFO
- If you are planning lunch or dinner before or after a show, consider the Envoy Restaurant at the Ambassador Hotel at 23rd & Wisconsin. They offer a complimentary shuttle service to and from the theatre if you dine there. To make your reservations call 414-345-5021 (dining) and 414-345-5040 (shuttle) or ask to be transferred. Tell them we sent you!
Driving Directions to our Front Door
- From North: Take I-43 to the Highland Ave. exit. Follow the surface street (11th St.) south along the freeway and past Wisconsin Ave. to Michigan St. Turn left (east) on Michigan and travel one block to 10th St. Turn left (north) and travel 1/2 block to our front door.
- From South: Take I-94 to the 10th St./Michigan St. exit. Travel 1/2 block north from the end of the exit ramp to our front door.
- From the Hoan Bridge (I-794): Take the Michigan St. exit and travel west on Michigan to 10th St. Turn right (north) on 10th and travel 1/2 block to our front door.
- From West: Take I-94 to the 13th St. (Marquette University) exit and turn left onto 13th at the end of the ramp. Travel one block and turn right on Tory Hill. Travel two blocks to 10th St., turn left (north) and travel 1/2 block to our front door.
In addition to providing a place for you to see great theatre, our facility is a perfect place to hold your next event! Consider having your next corporate meeting, planning session, luncheon, dinner or reception at the Tenth Street Theatre! Download our complete brochure!
For questions and more information, please call 414-271-1371.
10th Street Gallery
Be sure to visit the Tenth Street Theatre Art Gallery! The spacious lobby at the Tenth Street Theatre is host to several exhibits throughout the year. Sign up on our e-newsletter and get all the latest information about exhibit openings, receptions, special events and much more!